SCHOOL RULES FOR SAFETY
1. Respect the Hands-Off Policy.
2. No hard balls, or hockey sticks allowed in the school yard.
3. Skateboards, roller blades and heeleys shoes are not allowed in the school yard.
4 Please leave crazy carpets at home.
5. Students are to go home at 3:20 P.M. No loitering in the yard. Students are to arrive no earlier than 8:50 A.M. if walking or by bus.
6. No snacks are to be eaten outside. Help keep the yard tidy.
7. The school yard is divided into primary, junior and intermediate areas. Students are to play in their own designated areas.
8. Ill children are to be kept at home. If a sick child is at school, the teacher or secretary will telephone the parent and arrange for pick-up by parent/guardian.
9. Gum chewing on school property is not allowed.
10. No stone or snow throwing will be tolerated on the school yard.
11. Foul language and aggressive behaviour (fighting, racial incidents) by students are to be reported to the office and recorded. Parents will be informed of consequences resulting from this behavior.
12. No exchange of money / food is allowed between students.
13.Toys and trading cards are not allowed in school. Electronic devices are to remain at home unless there is an arrangement made with the classroom teacher as part of an activity or lesson.
14. We encourage healthy snacks at St. Finnan’s Catholic School. Please avoid snacks with an excessive amount of sugar.
15. Student dress is expected to be in good taste and to be reflective of the Catholic nature of our school. This is especially relevant to T-shirts and summer clothing. Students are not permitted to wear tank tops, muscle shirts and short shorts. Clothing that reveals the midriff, back or undergarments are not acceptable. T-shirts that promote death, drugs, or violence, for example, or with profane language are not acceptable. Further, hats are not to be worn inside the school. Students who violate the dress code will be asked to call home to receive a change of clothing or will be asked to turn clothing inside out. These guidelines have been established in order to promote an environment that is conducive to learning and promotes Catholic values. Students are required to have indoor and outdoor shoes at school as fire regulations require that student’s wear shoes at all times.